Music is the one true universal language. It is the melodic and rhythmic expression of emotion and life. Music is stories. Music is moments. And music connects us all regardless of race or culture or identity. The more people speak music, the more beautiful and peaceful our world will be. As such, it is one of our missions to help as many people as we can learn and communicate in the language of music.
In addition to the numerous free mini-lessons that we post daily and weekly across our various social channels, we offer private & small group lessons to students of all ages and skill levels. Our teaching method, developed over 25+ years, is a practical approach to learning piano and guitar, with a focus on understanding the basic fundamentals of music, ear-training and playing. Our goal is to develop our students to the point where they can listen to their favourite songs and easily play chord progressions and melodies. With these skills, they will also be able to jam and improvise with other musicians, play live in front of audiences and maybe even write their own songs! It all starts with understanding the basics of music and building from there. We’ve helped hundreds of students learn how to play, and we are committed to sharing our knowledge with many many more!
Private Music Lessons
- All lessons conducted virtually though Zoom.
- Using our ATEM Mini Pro, we provide students with 4 HD camera angles of how to play their instrument (front, left, right, aerial)
- Lessons can be recorded for students’ future reference
- FP Music Theory Handbook given to all students
- Weekly in lesson and homework exercises to build skill levels
- Monthly “FP Music Quizzes” conducted to gauge development areas
- Quarterly “FP Progress Reports” given to parents and students
- One-on-One lessons and Group Lessons (Max 4 students) available
- 1/2 hour and 1 hour lessons available for all skill levels
- FIRST 1/2 HOUR FREE!
How our students feel about us
FP Music Theory Handbook
To guide students through our lessons, each student is provided with our 40+page digital FP Music Theory Handbook that we constantly reference. The handbook gives students a conversational yet detailed explanation of the theory concept covered in the lessons. Moreover, students are given in class and homework exercises to build their understanding and skills, and every month, a short “FP Music Quiz” is conducted to gauge their fundamental knowledge. In addition, every 3 months, students and parents are provided with a “FP Progress Report”. The FP Music Theory Handbook is also constantly updated and upgraded with new information, and all students are sent the new versions as they are published.
What are you interested in learning?
Give us a little more information about what you’re looking for! We’ll be delighted to help you learn how to play music.